Davy Watt and Associates provide a holistic building design service. A service that addresses your needs and requirements. We can resolve site and planning constraints and provide functional building layouts that cater for your lifestyle and the local environment.
The way you live your life is unique. It is for this reason we discuss your lifestyle requirements. From this, we can provide a design that will reflect your lifestyle both now and into the future.
Each building site is unique. A full site analysis is undertaken noting the attributes and constraints. Views, orientation, slope, etc are all taken into consideration throughout the design process. This allows the building to respond appropriately to it’s locality, taking full advantage of the site attributes and maximising solar orientation, providing a naturally comfortable building.
The design process is completed in several stages. Our services can be taken up in part or in full and additional services can be integrated to further enhance your design.
To prepare a freehand design concept with you that meets your brief and responds to the site attributes and constraints.
- Meeting to Discuss Your Brief
- Site Analysis &/or Measure Existing
- Site Survey (in most cases undertaken by us)
- Investigation with Authorities (Local Council Controls)
- Prepare a Freehand Design Concept with you
To resolve and amend the design concept and provide a further level of detail. At this stage, a builder can provide an estimate construction cost to ensure the design is working to your budget.
- Meeting to Review the Design Concept and Amend as Required
- Resolve Exterior Materials and Finishes, Kitchen Layouts & Bathroom Configurations
- Prepare Design Sketch (Plans, Elevations & Site Plan)
- Issue Design Sketch Plans to Builder for Construction Estimate (if required)
- Review by Duty Planner at Local Council (if required)
In some cases, Stage 1 & 2 may occur concurrently.
To prepare documentation to submit to Council & present you with a 3D walk-through presentation of the proposal.
- Prepare Computer Drawn Plans, Elevations, Sections, Site Plan & 3D Images
- 3D Walk-through Presentation (At our office)
- Prepare Required Reports or Co-ordinate Consultants to Prepare Specialised Reports
- Prepare BASIX (Building Sustainability Index) Report
Additional Consultants may be required at this stage for council approval such as:
- ABSA Consultant (Thermal Comfort)
- Bushfire Consultant
- Flood Engineer
- Geotechnical Consultant
- Arborist Consultant
- Ecological Consultant
We can manage all of this on your behalf.
To complete all documentation required and submit to Local Authorities for development application assessment and approval.
- Complete all documentation ready for Authority Approval
- Complete Application Forms
- Lodge Application with Authority
- Liaise with Authority throughout Application Process
This approval may be broken into two stages. Development Approval and Construction Certificate. This is a complex stage of the process and the level of documentation and approval process will vary for each project. Our experienced team will be able to coordinate all the required documentation and provide relevant advice on the approval process.